Urinetown, The Musical Opens Feb. 15 | Arts & Culture
The Overbrook Players open URINETOWN, THE MUSICAL, Feb. 15, 2012 with music and lyrics by Mark Hollmann, and book and lyrics by Greg Kotis. One of the most uproariously funny musicals in recent years, URINETOWN, The Musical is a hilarious tale of greed, corruption, love, and revolution in a time when water is worth its weight in gold.
MCC Director of the Center for Theater, Sheila Kulp Wahamaki, directs the play with assistance from MCC faculty members, Daniel Myers as Music Director, Cathy Gamby Weideman asChoreographer, and Tom Harryman as Set, Light, and Sound Designer. Rounding out the production staff is Karen Bureck, Assistant Music Director and Accompanist;Jeanette Wahr,Costume Designer, and Brian J. Goodman, Theater Technician. MCC student, Jen Pelto, serves as Student Director and Stage Manager.
Praised for reinvigorating the very notion of what a musical could be, URINETOWN, The Musical catapults the “comedic romp” into the new millennium with its outrageous perspective, wickedly modern wit, and sustained ability to produce gales of unbridled laughter. Cast members are as follows: Heath Carpenter , Erin Madalyn Mickelson, Terry Ireland (MCC Alum), Andrew Steward. Michael Munson, Tiffanie Miller, Fran Harryman, Brian Engler (MCC Alum), Dan Neading, Dustin Day, John Rjiegler, Casey Webb, Sarah Stepanek, Sue Stark, Davante Buie, Aaron Ponce, Hannah Myers, Lauren Thiele, Tre Wesley Perry, Jeff Cooper, Carley Cribley, Michael Pollock, Tyler Karum, and Crystal Coleman.
URINETOWN, THE MUSICAL will be presented for five performances, Wednesday, Feb. 15 through Saturday, Feb. 18 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 19 at 3 pm in the Overbrook Theater on the MCC campus. Tickets are $5 for current MCC students, faculty and staff, and $10 for the public. Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more. All seats are reserved and tickets will be available for purchase beginning February 1 in the Creative & Performing Arts Office, room 166 or may be reserved by calling (231) 777-0324.
FOR MCC ALUMNI: Free alumni reception from 6-7pm in the art gallery before the play on Thursday Feb. 16th -- watch alumni actors Terry Ireland, Fran Harryman, Brian Engler, and Sue Stark in action! Play tickets for alumni only $5!
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved