Want To Be Part of Muskegon's St. Patrick's Day Parade? | Arts & Culture
It is time to start planning for the second annual Muskegon St. Patrick’s Day Parade which will kickoff Saturday March 16, 2013 at 11:00am and will run from Fourth to Jefferson Streets along Clay Ave. We hope to make The Parade one of Muskegon’s largest celebrations displaying Irish Floats, Bands, Families, Organizations, Business entries and much more!
The primary objective of The Parade is to celebrate the Feast Day of St. Patrick and Muskegon’s Irish Heritage. Our secondary objective is to collect non-perishable food items for the Loaves and Fishes Organization. Instead of charging an entry fee for The Parade, we are asking entrants to bring one non-perishable food item per participant, but we hope that you will contribute much more than one item a piece!
We ask each entrant to reflect the parade theme of St. Patrick’s Day, and decorate their entry appropriately in keeping with Irish tradition and our patron saint, St. Patrick. Don’t forget to make a sign with the name of your organization so spectators can identify you! We would love to see more floats this year! The more elaborate your entry, the better!! All entrants must fill out the attached application, most importantly the entry description. The detailed description assists in processing your application and helps us in determining the order of the parade.
Please note that your application will be returned to you requesting additional information if it is not filled out completely. Applications must be mailed by the March 8, 2013 deadline in order to be considered. Accepted entrants will be assigned an arrival time to facilitate staging. A parade committee member will contact you to provide additional details concerning arrival time and details for parade day.
Please contact us if you have any questions concerning the application process or anything else about the Parade. We welcome your questions, as well as your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for your interest in this event and we hope you will help make it a Muskegon tradition! Please spread the word to other organizations you know that may want to participate! We look forward to seeing you on St. Patrick’s Day!
Dani LaFleur - Greater Muskegon Jaycees
Nancy and Mike Hennessey - Hennessey's Irish Pub and Restaurant
Bob Lukens - Muskegon County CVB
Chris Zahrt - Michigan Irish Music Festival
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list