Parkland takes the lead in Muskegon investment | Business
Written by Elijah Brumback
MUSKEGON — As urban development gains momentum across the country, one veteran developer plans to lead the charge in getting others interested in investing in downtown Muskegon.
Jon Rooks, president of Parkland Properties of Michigan, is about to bite off an ambitious chunk of development in and around downtown Muskegon.
Building off his successful turnaround of the Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, Rooks is planning to add between 50 and 60 homes to an adjacent piece of property that was part of the original hotel purchase in 2009.
The plan also includes the nearby HighPoint Flats, a 72-unit high-rise apartment complex at the former Comerica Bank building and a connected new two-story structure in downtown Muskegon.
The third piece: Parkland is also set to buy an unspecified building in downtown Muskegon, where the company plans to locate a new leasing, construction and sales...
...Click Here to read more.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'