All-season upgrade for Norton Shores road | Business
Norton Shores is one of nine communities that will use $2.7 million in state funds to upgrade roads to all-season status.
Crews in Norton Shores will use the funding to reconstruct about one mile of Grand Haven Road from Pontaluna Road to Wilson Road. The $1 million project will get $375,000 in state funding. The rest will come from the city.
The Michigan Department of Transportation says the investment will help the local economy grow. MDOT approved funding because commercial traffic relies on the selected roads, and the project would improve road safety.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch