All-season upgrade for Norton Shores road | Business
Norton Shores is one of nine communities that will use $2.7 million in state funds to upgrade roads to all-season status.
Crews in Norton Shores will use the funding to reconstruct about one mile of Grand Haven Road from Pontaluna Road to Wilson Road. The $1 million project will get $375,000 in state funding. The rest will come from the city.
The Michigan Department of Transportation says the investment will help the local economy grow. MDOT approved funding because commercial traffic relies on the selected roads, and the project would improve road safety.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center