All-season upgrade for Norton Shores road | Business
Norton Shores is one of nine communities that will use $2.7 million in state funds to upgrade roads to all-season status.
Crews in Norton Shores will use the funding to reconstruct about one mile of Grand Haven Road from Pontaluna Road to Wilson Road. The $1 million project will get $375,000 in state funding. The rest will come from the city.
The Michigan Department of Transportation says the investment will help the local economy grow. MDOT approved funding because commercial traffic relies on the selected roads, and the project would improve road safety.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'