Early college options in Muskegon | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- The Muskegon Area Intermediate School District and Muskegon Community College are looking for 50 Muskegon County tenth grade students to attend college early. The select students will be the first in the Early College Muskegon County program. Each student will have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and a college degree in just three years.
Students will attend class at their high school and M.C.C. in grades 11 and 12. Classes for grade 13 will be held entirely at M.C.C.
Jeanette Magsig is the Associate Superintendent of Academic Service with The M.A.I.S.D. She says, "They will have an associates degree after grade 13 instead of grade 14 and there will be no charge except for transportation."
Interested families should contact their school's guidance counselor or the M.A.I.S.D. for more information and application requirements.
Deadline to apply is May 15th. Approximately four students from each school district in Muskegon County are expected to be accepted into the school.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list