Musk. Hts. schools prepare for auction | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) - The emergency financial manager at Muskegon Heights Public Schools is arranging an online auction with the proceeds used to pay down district debt.
District employees are determining what items they no longer need. Next week an auction company will begin photographing and organizing the surplus equipment and supplies.
The online auction is expected to vary from furniture to electronics. An auction date has not been set. One district employee applauds the efforts to secure the district's future.
"A year from now, I hope things will not be like they are right now," said Mary Brown. "I know it will take time, but it will work its self out."
The schools district is $12 million in debt. Future online auctions will sell the remaining contents of three closed elementary schools.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- Grand Haven man pulls in record-setting fish
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25