Musk. Hts. schools prepare for auction | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) - The emergency financial manager at Muskegon Heights Public Schools is arranging an online auction with the proceeds used to pay down district debt.
District employees are determining what items they no longer need. Next week an auction company will begin photographing and organizing the surplus equipment and supplies.
The online auction is expected to vary from furniture to electronics. An auction date has not been set. One district employee applauds the efforts to secure the district's future.
"A year from now, I hope things will not be like they are right now," said Mary Brown. "I know it will take time, but it will work its self out."
The schools district is $12 million in debt. Future online auctions will sell the remaining contents of three closed elementary schools.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ottawa Co. Jail officer sentenced on sex charges
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town: Students shine in auto collision and refinishing contest
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition