Musk. Hts. schools prepare for auction | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) - The emergency financial manager at Muskegon Heights Public Schools is arranging an online auction with the proceeds used to pay down district debt.
District employees are determining what items they no longer need. Next week an auction company will begin photographing and organizing the surplus equipment and supplies.
The online auction is expected to vary from furniture to electronics. An auction date has not been set. One district employee applauds the efforts to secure the district's future.
"A year from now, I hope things will not be like they are right now," said Mary Brown. "I know it will take time, but it will work its self out."
The schools district is $12 million in debt. Future online auctions will sell the remaining contents of three closed elementary schools.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28