School interior sells for less than $6K | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) -- If you have ever dreamed of owning your own school -- or at least what's inside of one -- you had your chance to buy one on Monday.
Bidding closed Monday night on the interior furnishings, doors, and other fixtures of the former Lindburgh Elementary School at 160 E. Barney Avenue in Muskegon Heights. The final bid came in at $5,901.
The school building remains as property of the district.
This is the latest auction the Muskegon Heights Public School district has held, working with the website Biddergy.com. The district is using the money from the school property auctions to pay down debt.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coast Guard rescues man trying to kayak across Lake Michigan
- My Town: St. Patrick-St. Anthony's to host hospice talks Sept. 4
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport