New children's series filmed in West Michigan | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)-West Michigan is the focus of a new children's video series.
A crew is wrapping up filming for the new show called "Charlie & Company". The seven part series is about a golden retriever and his friends who go on adventures, learning along the way.
The production team spent the past two weeks shooting scenes in Norton Shores, Holland, Grand Haven and Grand Rapids. The show's lead actress, producer and writer are all from West Michigan.
"I think today has been my most exciting day so far because we're up, we're moving along and we're having fun," says Danielle Slot, who plays Miss Ellie in the series.
"This is a great chance to teach kids but also to have a lot of fun, and that's what we're doing here," adds producer Adam Mellema.
School Zone Publications is expected to release "Charlie & Company" next summer.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center