New children's series filmed in West Michigan | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)-West Michigan is the focus of a new children's video series.
A crew is wrapping up filming for the new show called "Charlie & Company". The seven part series is about a golden retriever and his friends who go on adventures, learning along the way.
The production team spent the past two weeks shooting scenes in Norton Shores, Holland, Grand Haven and Grand Rapids. The show's lead actress, producer and writer are all from West Michigan.
"I think today has been my most exciting day so far because we're up, we're moving along and we're having fun," says Danielle Slot, who plays Miss Ellie in the series.
"This is a great chance to teach kids but also to have a lot of fun, and that's what we're doing here," adds producer Adam Mellema.
School Zone Publications is expected to release "Charlie & Company" next summer.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved