Ham Radio Operators Demonstrate Emergency Communications Capabilities | Events
Muskegon, MI. – Hundreds of Amateur Radio (HAM) operators across the country will be displaying their emergency communication capabilities on Saturday, January 28, 2012. The public is invited to stop out and view what Amateur Radio Communications can do in times of emergencies.
The Society for the Preservation of Amateur Radio (SPAR) established a Winter Field Day event in 2007 and invited Amateur Radio operators to participate.
Using emergency power, Ham operators will construct, and operate portable emergency stations in parks, shopping malls, schools, and backyards across the country. Radio operators will demonstrate long and short range voice, data, and Morse code communications.
In the Muskegon area the Muskegon County Emergency Communication Services, Inc. (MCECS) and the Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council (MAARC) will be demonstrating their communication skills at the Muskegon Conservation Club located at 1921 Lake Ave. North Muskegon on Saturday, January 28, 2012 from noon until 7:00 pm.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash