UPDATE: Musk. Hgts. resident regains water | News
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) -- There is a happy ending to a 13 On Your Side report we first brought you Tuesday night.
A Muskegon Heights resident once again has running water in her home after going a week without it.
Pamela Johnson's water quit working because of frozen pipes. She contacted the city's water department, but city workers never addressed the problem.
Johnson then contacted 13 On Your Side and we took her complaint directly to city hall. Wednesday morning, contractors arrived and restored her water flow.
"I cannot describe the feeling," said Johnson. "I never knew I could be so happy over water, let alone heat, and I can't thank Channel 13 enough; I'm so happy that the city of Muskegon Heights showed up."
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list