Family posts sign pleading for help after two weeks without water | News
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) -- After two weeks without running water, a lakeshore family has taken a creative way toward venting its frustration.
WZZM 13 first reported about Zach and Sheena Dirheimer's problem last week. They live in a home in Muskegon Heights with their three-year-old twins.
Its believed the pipe to their house is frozen solid and the water can't get through. Wednesday, Sheena posted a sign in front of her house counting the days without water. It reads: "13 days, no water and still counting! Muskegon Heights Water Department offers no help! My 3 yr. old twins ask me, "Why?" Can anyone help? Please?! Thank you. God bless WZZM 13 News for your effort."
The Dirheimer's are on a repair list now, but it's not known how long it might take to fix the problem. In the meantime, they continue to use bottled water, go to the bathroom at a nearby restaurant, and shower at relatives.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- Grand Haven man pulls in record-setting fish
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25
- My Town: Library hosts Doctor Who party July 18