Lake Effect Boat Time begins | News
MUSKEGON COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- Roger Zuidema is turned a love for boating on Muskegon Lake into this week's inaugural Lake Effect Boat Time. Zuidema says the idea started last summer while relaxing on his boat near the Muskegon Lake channel.
Zuidema created a website and made connections on social media over the last 10-months to promote the event.
This week participants in Lake Effect Boat Time on Muskegon Lake will learn about water issues on G.V.S.U.'s water research boat, and gather near the Muskegon pier.
Saturday boaters are asked to anchor near the Muskegon State Parks' Muskegon Lake beach. On Sunday more than 100 boaters are expected to gather inside the breakwaters on Lake Michigan.
Zuidema says the event is starting small, but someday he hopes it grows and includes sponsors and other events like a boat show.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coast Guard rescues man trying to kayak across Lake Michigan
- My Town: St. Patrick-St. Anthony's to host hospice talks Sept. 4
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport