Road construction snarls traffic on US 31 | News
MUSKEGON COUNTY, Michigan (WZZM) - A lane closure on southbound US-31 created some traffic congestion during the Friday morning commute.
Drivers in Muskegon County should expect delays starting Friday mornings for the next three weekends.
M-DOT has multiple construction projects on US 31 from about Apple Avenue to Hile Road.
One project started this morning will fix sections of concrete. Various on and off ramps will close at times.
M-DOT is also working on a weave - merge lane near Apple Avenue and making repairs to US-31 northbound in that same area.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center