UPDATE: Man struck and killed in Muskegon traffic | News
UPDATE TUESDAY - MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police have identified the man struck and killed by a mini-van Monday morning.
Police say Charles Golliday, 79, was killed on Skyline Drive early Monday morning.
Officers received a call from Golliday's family at about 11:00am, reporting that Charles was missing. From talking with the family, police were able to determine that Charles was the victim in the crash.
MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police say that one man is dead after being hit by a mini-van on Skyline Drive.
Police were called to westbound Skyline Drive just before the North Muskegon/M-120 exit at about 7:15am Monday. Preliminary reports say that the driver of the mini-van was headed west when a man between the ages of 50 and 60 ran out in front of the vehicle. The driver tried to avoid the pedestrian, but could not.
The pedestrian died at the scene. Both the mini-van and the pedestrian ended up off of the roadway in some brush by the river. The driver was not injured.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- Grand Haven man pulls in record-setting fish
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25
- My Town: Library hosts Doctor Who party July 18