UPDATE: Man struck and killed in Muskegon traffic | News
UPDATE TUESDAY - MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police have identified the man struck and killed by a mini-van Monday morning.
Police say Charles Golliday, 79, was killed on Skyline Drive early Monday morning.
Officers received a call from Golliday's family at about 11:00am, reporting that Charles was missing. From talking with the family, police were able to determine that Charles was the victim in the crash.
MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police say that one man is dead after being hit by a mini-van on Skyline Drive.
Police were called to westbound Skyline Drive just before the North Muskegon/M-120 exit at about 7:15am Monday. Preliminary reports say that the driver of the mini-van was headed west when a man between the ages of 50 and 60 ran out in front of the vehicle. The driver tried to avoid the pedestrian, but could not.
The pedestrian died at the scene. Both the mini-van and the pedestrian ended up off of the roadway in some brush by the river. The driver was not injured.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch