UPDATE: Man struck and killed in Muskegon traffic | News
UPDATE TUESDAY - MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police have identified the man struck and killed by a mini-van Monday morning.
Police say Charles Golliday, 79, was killed on Skyline Drive early Monday morning.
Officers received a call from Golliday's family at about 11:00am, reporting that Charles was missing. From talking with the family, police were able to determine that Charles was the victim in the crash.
MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police say that one man is dead after being hit by a mini-van on Skyline Drive.
Police were called to westbound Skyline Drive just before the North Muskegon/M-120 exit at about 7:15am Monday. Preliminary reports say that the driver of the mini-van was headed west when a man between the ages of 50 and 60 ran out in front of the vehicle. The driver tried to avoid the pedestrian, but could not.
The pedestrian died at the scene. Both the mini-van and the pedestrian ended up off of the roadway in some brush by the river. The driver was not injured.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center