UPDATE: Man struck and killed in Muskegon traffic | News
UPDATE TUESDAY - MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police have identified the man struck and killed by a mini-van Monday morning.
Police say Charles Golliday, 79, was killed on Skyline Drive early Monday morning.
Officers received a call from Golliday's family at about 11:00am, reporting that Charles was missing. From talking with the family, police were able to determine that Charles was the victim in the crash.
MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police say that one man is dead after being hit by a mini-van on Skyline Drive.
Police were called to westbound Skyline Drive just before the North Muskegon/M-120 exit at about 7:15am Monday. Preliminary reports say that the driver of the mini-van was headed west when a man between the ages of 50 and 60 ran out in front of the vehicle. The driver tried to avoid the pedestrian, but could not.
The pedestrian died at the scene. Both the mini-van and the pedestrian ended up off of the roadway in some brush by the river. The driver was not injured.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash