UPDATE: Man struck and killed in Muskegon traffic | News
UPDATE TUESDAY - MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police have identified the man struck and killed by a mini-van Monday morning.
Police say Charles Golliday, 79, was killed on Skyline Drive early Monday morning.
Officers received a call from Golliday's family at about 11:00am, reporting that Charles was missing. From talking with the family, police were able to determine that Charles was the victim in the crash.
MUSKEGON (WZZM) - Muskegon Police say that one man is dead after being hit by a mini-van on Skyline Drive.
Police were called to westbound Skyline Drive just before the North Muskegon/M-120 exit at about 7:15am Monday. Preliminary reports say that the driver of the mini-van was headed west when a man between the ages of 50 and 60 ran out in front of the vehicle. The driver tried to avoid the pedestrian, but could not.
The pedestrian died at the scene. Both the mini-van and the pedestrian ended up off of the roadway in some brush by the river. The driver was not injured.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list