Ten Muskegon stores fail tobacco test | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The Muskegon Public Health Department has identified 10 businesses that sold tobacco to underage buyers.
The citations were part of a county compliance check.
The businesses that failed the check were:
- Benson Drug - 961 Spring St
- J B Packaged Liquor - 3374 Hoyt St
- Jack's Corner Store - 4190 Grand Haven Rd
- Laketon Marathon - 1121 E Laketon Ave
- Marathon - 2806 S Getty St
- Plumb's #664 - 120 E Broadway Ave
- Ray's Mini Mart - 2210 Holton Rd
- Shell Mart - 1 W Sherman Blvd
- Tom's Drink All - 1500 S Getty St
- Westshore Wash - 2204 Glade St
According to the Muskegon Public Health Department, selling tobacco to a minor is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of $50 for each offense and up to $200 in court costs per offense.
Westshore Wash is a repeat offender.
You can see which businesses passed the test at www.muskegonhealth.net
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Benefits of Movement Therapy Explained at SLDL
- My Town: Lakeshore ATHENA Scholarship Program accepting applications
- Ottawa Co. Jail officer sentenced on sex charges
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes