Newaygo County man sentenced for beating wife | News
WHITE CLOUD, Mich. (WZZM) -- A man will serve at least 14 years in prison for the attempted murder of his wife in Newaygo County, but is facing more time for similar charges in Muskegon County.
A Newaygo County judge Tuesday sentenced Robert Hornof to 14-40 years in prison for the beating of his wife Lola at their home in Newaygo County. In December, Hornof pleaded no contest to charges of assault with intent to murder. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped torture charges against Hornof.
Last February, Hornof bound and beat his wife Lola at their Newaygo County mobile home, thinking she was having an affair.
Last month, Hornof pleaded no contest to separate charges in Muskegon County, where prosecutors say he forced his wife to go to search for the man he suspected was involved with her.
Lola Hornof managed to escape from the car and sought shelter at a Holton convenience store. Prosecutors say Hornof tried to pull his wife out of the store, then tried running her over. Hornof was arrested after wrecking his car.
Hornof could get at least 19 years in prison for the Muskegon County charges.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved
- My Town Whitehall: City honors outgoing administrative assistant