Newaygo County man sentenced for beating wife | News
WHITE CLOUD, Mich. (WZZM) -- A man will serve at least 14 years in prison for the attempted murder of his wife in Newaygo County, but is facing more time for similar charges in Muskegon County.
A Newaygo County judge Tuesday sentenced Robert Hornof to 14-40 years in prison for the beating of his wife Lola at their home in Newaygo County. In December, Hornof pleaded no contest to charges of assault with intent to murder. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped torture charges against Hornof.
Last February, Hornof bound and beat his wife Lola at their Newaygo County mobile home, thinking she was having an affair.
Last month, Hornof pleaded no contest to separate charges in Muskegon County, where prosecutors say he forced his wife to go to search for the man he suspected was involved with her.
Lola Hornof managed to escape from the car and sought shelter at a Holton convenience store. Prosecutors say Hornof tried to pull his wife out of the store, then tried running her over. Hornof was arrested after wrecking his car.
Hornof could get at least 19 years in prison for the Muskegon County charges.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28