Muskegon Toys For Tots needs new warehouse | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A Toys For Tots chapter on the lakeshore is looking for donated warehouse space to keep the program going. The Muskegon Toys For Tots chapter is 20-years old. It has been operating from one building in Muskegon for several years. But recently the building was sold and the new owner says the organization needs to move out.
The group is looking for about 5,000 square feet of donated space that is secure, has a bathroom and is close to downtown. The space will be used to store and sort donation.
Last Christmas the Muskegon chapter gave away more than 11,000 toys and volunteers expect that number to keep growing.
Beth Ackley with Toys For Tots Muskegon says, "We started small and now we need a bigger space. We store the toys there, we collect the toys there, we distribute our toys there. We think there is a real need here in Muskegon County just by the numbers that we give."
The group hopes to have a new space to move to by early spring. The donated space could offer a landlord tax benefits.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved