Muskegon Toys For Tots needs new warehouse | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A Toys For Tots chapter on the lakeshore is looking for donated warehouse space to keep the program going. The Muskegon Toys For Tots chapter is 20-years old. It has been operating from one building in Muskegon for several years. But recently the building was sold and the new owner says the organization needs to move out.
The group is looking for about 5,000 square feet of donated space that is secure, has a bathroom and is close to downtown. The space will be used to store and sort donation.
Last Christmas the Muskegon chapter gave away more than 11,000 toys and volunteers expect that number to keep growing.
Beth Ackley with Toys For Tots Muskegon says, "We started small and now we need a bigger space. We store the toys there, we collect the toys there, we distribute our toys there. We think there is a real need here in Muskegon County just by the numbers that we give."
The group hopes to have a new space to move to by early spring. The donated space could offer a landlord tax benefits.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center