Muskegon has a new parade | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A sea of green is expected Saturday in downtown Muskegon starting at 11 a.m. The inaugural Muskegon St. Patrick's Day Parade starts nearly Hackley Park and runs to Hennessy's Irish Pub.
More than 30 groups are participating in the first ever event. Participants and spectators are encouraged to being non-perishable food items to stock a Muskegon food pantry.
Nancy Hennessy with Hennessy's Irish Pub says, "There will be shopping carts donated from Meijer. The Jaycee's will be pushing the carts and collecting the food items."
The St. Patrick's Day events in Muskegon start before the parade with an irish breakfast and end Saturday night with Irish music at the Fraunthal Theater.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch