Muskegon has a new parade | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A sea of green is expected Saturday in downtown Muskegon starting at 11 a.m. The inaugural Muskegon St. Patrick's Day Parade starts nearly Hackley Park and runs to Hennessy's Irish Pub.
More than 30 groups are participating in the first ever event. Participants and spectators are encouraged to being non-perishable food items to stock a Muskegon food pantry.
Nancy Hennessy with Hennessy's Irish Pub says, "There will be shopping carts donated from Meijer. The Jaycee's will be pushing the carts and collecting the food items."
The St. Patrick's Day events in Muskegon start before the parade with an irish breakfast and end Saturday night with Irish music at the Fraunthal Theater.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Area state parks awarded life-saving beach kits
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25