Muskegon has a new parade | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A sea of green is expected Saturday in downtown Muskegon starting at 11 a.m. The inaugural Muskegon St. Patrick's Day Parade starts nearly Hackley Park and runs to Hennessy's Irish Pub.
More than 30 groups are participating in the first ever event. Participants and spectators are encouraged to being non-perishable food items to stock a Muskegon food pantry.
Nancy Hennessy with Hennessy's Irish Pub says, "There will be shopping carts donated from Meijer. The Jaycee's will be pushing the carts and collecting the food items."
The St. Patrick's Day events in Muskegon start before the parade with an irish breakfast and end Saturday night with Irish music at the Fraunthal Theater.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list