Muskegon has a new parade | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A sea of green is expected Saturday in downtown Muskegon starting at 11 a.m. The inaugural Muskegon St. Patrick's Day Parade starts nearly Hackley Park and runs to Hennessy's Irish Pub.
More than 30 groups are participating in the first ever event. Participants and spectators are encouraged to being non-perishable food items to stock a Muskegon food pantry.
Nancy Hennessy with Hennessy's Irish Pub says, "There will be shopping carts donated from Meijer. The Jaycee's will be pushing the carts and collecting the food items."
The St. Patrick's Day events in Muskegon start before the parade with an irish breakfast and end Saturday night with Irish music at the Fraunthal Theater.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved