Muskegon has a new parade | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A sea of green is expected Saturday in downtown Muskegon starting at 11 a.m. The inaugural Muskegon St. Patrick's Day Parade starts nearly Hackley Park and runs to Hennessy's Irish Pub.
More than 30 groups are participating in the first ever event. Participants and spectators are encouraged to being non-perishable food items to stock a Muskegon food pantry.
Nancy Hennessy with Hennessy's Irish Pub says, "There will be shopping carts donated from Meijer. The Jaycee's will be pushing the carts and collecting the food items."
The St. Patrick's Day events in Muskegon start before the parade with an irish breakfast and end Saturday night with Irish music at the Fraunthal Theater.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash