UPDATE: Kent prosecutor will not investigate Muskegon sheriff | News
UPDATE 6:30pm (WZZM)- Michigan's Attorney General says the Kent County prosecutor will no longer run the investigation of the Muskegon County Sheriff and others that allegedly received gifts from an area bail bondsman. The replacement has not been named.
LANSING, Mich. (WZZM) - The state Attorney General's Office announced Monday that the Kent County Prosecutor will run the investigation of the Muskegon County Sheriff and others that allegedly received gifts from an area bail bondsman.
Earlier in March, two Muskegon County Assistant Prosecutors were fired for receiving a Las Vegas vacation from Tommy DePung, the owner of Bad Boys Bail Bonds Co. 60th District Court employee Mark Slagle and the joint Sheriff of Muskegon County also went on the trip. County sheriff Dean Roeseler was invited, but unable to attend, so he offered the trip to the joint sheriff. During the investigation, Roeseler admitted to vacationing out-of-state with DePung at other times over the years.
In March, Muskegon County Prosecutor Tony Tague requested the independent investigation of wrong-doings from the Attorney General's office.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list