March 2012 Weather Stats for Muskegon | News
Muskegon (WZZM) -
Temperatures in March averaged 49.7°F, 14.7°F above average, making it the warmest on record and 16.5°F warmer than last year (33.2°F). Twenty-six days were warmer than average, four were cooler and one was average. The highest temperature occurred on March 20 and 21 with 82°F while the lowest temperature occurred on March 5 with 19°F.
Precipitation was above average last month with 3.39", 1.14" more than usual and 0.22" more than last year (3.17"). There were eight days with measurable precipitation, five less than average (13).
Snowfall in March amounted to 5.6", 3.4" less than usual but 4.8" more than last year (0.8").
There were fourteen clear days - nine more than average (5), ten partly cloudy days - three more than usual (7), and seven cloudy days - twelve fewer than average (19).
Monthly temperature records:
- All-time warmest March: 49.7°F; previous record 43.6°F in 1945.
- All-time warmest March high temperature: 82°F on March 20 and 21; previous record 80°F in 1981.
- Most 80°F-plus days in March: 3 days, on March 20, 21 and 22; previous record - 1 day; in 1981.
Daily Temperature records:
- March 7: record high minimum 50°F; previous record 49°F in 2000.
- March 14: record high 77°F; previous record 71°F in 1995.
- March 15: record high minimum 49°F; previous record 47°F in 1945.
- March 16: record high 72°F; previous record 70° in 1945; record high minimum 45°F; previous record 43°F in 1927.
- March 17: record high 77°F; previous record 70°F in 1966; record high minimum 58°F; previous record 48°F in 2011.
- March 18: record high 73°F; previous record 69°F in 1903; record high minimum 56°F; previous record 46°F in 1903.
- March 19: record high 76°F; previous record 70°F in 1903.
- March 20: record high 82°F; previous record 73°F in 1906; record high minimum 63°F; previous record 44°F in 1976.
- March 21: record high 82°; previous record 72°F in 1953; record high minimum 63°F; previous record 44°F in 2000.
- March 22: record high 81°F; previous record 68°F in 1979; record high minimum 61°F; previous record 46°F in 1953.
- March 23: record high minimum 58°F; previous record 47°F in 1979.
- March 24: record high minimum 53°F; previous record 45°F in 2000.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.