Pure Michigan Job Fair held Friday | News
MUSKEGON, Mich (WZZM)- Lakeshore and state economic leaders hope an event held Friday in Muskegon keeps new college graduates in Michigan.
Muskegon Area First and the Michigan Workforce Development Agency introduced more than 200 graduates to more than 30 Muskegon area employers. The job fair was intended to remind those graduates that their job search doesn't need to focus on out of state opportunities.
Growth in medical and high-tech careers in Michigan, along with the state's natural resources, are key selling points.
Joe Quick with the Michigan Workforce Development Agency says, "And so what we are doing is promoting the great live, work, and play elements of this area to those folks."
Job-seekers from outside of Muskegon were offered a bus tour of the region's assets like parks, retail areas and the beach.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch
- My Town: West Michigan Water Trail community input meeting April 2
- My Town Whitehall: Library offers 'Spring Break Boredom Busters' April 7-12