What's Happening: Earth Week, Vietnam Memorial, Shop for a Cure | News
GRAND RAPIDS, (WZZM) -- We're half-way through April and people are really starting to get out and enjoy springtime. Here's what's happening this week.
The Grand Rapids Public Library is holding Earth Week activities. Starting today with the "Looks Better on You Clothing Swap" where people are encouraged to bring their gently used clothes to swap with others.
Kristen Corrado, the Library's Marketing and Communications Director said, "It's a great way to come to the library, take a class, learn something new that might improve the way you live, might improve your environment or just give you some new ideas for saving money."
In keeping with the Earth Week theme, the events will focus on being eco-friendly. As always, everything at the library will be free and open to the public.
The Michigan Traveling Vietnam Memorial will be on display Saturday and Sunday at the American Legion Post in Walker.
Viewing will be through 8 pm Saturday and 9 am to 6 pm tomorrow.
Finally, we have a few charitable causes to tell you about.
The "Shop for a Cure" event is their first event in the long list of ways to support the cause. Vendors and crafters will be at the downtown Holiday Inn - Muskegon from 10 am to 2 pm Saturday.
And a freshman from Fremont High School has been doing his part to raise money for the American Heart Association since first grade!
Come support the teams Saturday at Fremont Middle School between 11 am and 4 pm.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.