Celery farm to become conservation area | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection. Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt farm property sometime in the next 90 days.
County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money the City of North Muskegon was awarded. The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres includes Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list