Celery farm to become conservation area | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection. Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt farm property sometime in the next 90 days.
County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money the City of North Muskegon was awarded. The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres includes Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.