Celery farm to become conservation area | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection. Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt farm property sometime in the next 90 days.
County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money the City of North Muskegon was awarded. The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres includes Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved