Celery farm to become conservation area | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection. Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt farm property sometime in the next 90 days.
County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money the City of North Muskegon was awarded. The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres includes Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch
- My Town: West Michigan Water Trail community input meeting April 2
- My Town Whitehall: Library offers 'Spring Break Boredom Busters' April 7-12