Muskegon Co. to buy former celery farm | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection.
Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt Farm property sometime in the next 90 days. County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money awarded to the city of North Muskegon.
The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres include Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Benefits of Movement Therapy Explained at SLDL
- My Town: Lakeshore ATHENA Scholarship Program accepting applications
- Ottawa Co. Jail officer sentenced on sex charges
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes