Muskegon Co. to buy former celery farm | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection.
Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt Farm property sometime in the next 90 days. County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money awarded to the city of North Muskegon.
The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres include Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- Grand Haven man pulls in record-setting fish
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25
- My Town: Library hosts Doctor Who party July 18