Muskegon Co. to buy former celery farm | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- A former celery farm in North Muskegon will soon be under conservation protection.
Muskegon County is expected to close on the former Willibrandt Farm property sometime in the next 90 days. County leaders will use $100,000 of federal grant money awarded to the city of North Muskegon.
The land purchase is part of an ongoing effort to clean Muskegon Lake and the lake's tributaries. The 17 acres include Bear Creek.
Future uses will include access points for kayaking and walking trails.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Former Grand Haven school board member who stole running again
- My Town Grand Haven: The circus is coming Aug. 19
- My Town Grand Haven: New Tri-Cities music festival connects community
- M-231 update: MDOT to lay steel beams over Grand River
- My Town: Grand Haven Area Public Schools pleased with school report card from state
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'