Motorcyclists line channel for rider's return | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - After receiving the body of a second member killed in a Wisconsin crash, riders in the Muskegon Motorcycle Gang say they hope he is the last.
On Monday, the body of Douglas Yonkers, 43, arrived in Muskegon from Wisconsin aboard the Lake Express Ferry.
"Doug was a special guy," says friend Tim Klinefelter. "That guy always had a smile on his face and put one on everybody else's face. We used to call him giggles because the guy never stopped smiling and laughing."
Douglas Yonkers is the second rider to die after a car crashed into a formation of a dozen MMG motorcycles May 31 sixty miles from Milwaukee.
The body of Dan Winsemius came on the ferry last week.
Two other riders are still in critical condition.
"We hope this is the last," says friend Lisa George. "There are still two more over there fighting. We hear there is a little bit of progress, but we know they are not out of the woods."
Muskegon Motorcycle Gang members Eric Vandam and Doug Williams are the men still in critical condition because of the crash with the car.
The funeral for Doug Yonkers is Thursday.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'