Motorcyclists line channel for rider's return | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - After receiving the body of a second member killed in a Wisconsin crash, riders in the Muskegon Motorcycle Gang say they hope he is the last.
On Monday, the body of Douglas Yonkers, 43, arrived in Muskegon from Wisconsin aboard the Lake Express Ferry.
"Doug was a special guy," says friend Tim Klinefelter. "That guy always had a smile on his face and put one on everybody else's face. We used to call him giggles because the guy never stopped smiling and laughing."
Douglas Yonkers is the second rider to die after a car crashed into a formation of a dozen MMG motorcycles May 31 sixty miles from Milwaukee.
The body of Dan Winsemius came on the ferry last week.
Two other riders are still in critical condition.
"We hope this is the last," says friend Lisa George. "There are still two more over there fighting. We hear there is a little bit of progress, but we know they are not out of the woods."
Muskegon Motorcycle Gang members Eric Vandam and Doug Williams are the men still in critical condition because of the crash with the car.
The funeral for Doug Yonkers is Thursday.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved