Man charged in fatal crash | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The man who police say caused a deadly crash Saturday afternoon in Muskegon County now faces a 15-year felony.
Steven Paul Spencer, 24, of Ravenna is charged with driving while intoxicated causing death. Police believe he smoked marijuana prior to the crash.
Police say Spencer was trying to pass another vehicle on Heights Ravenna Road around 4:20 p.m. when he lost control of his truck and hit a car driven by 37-year old John Shumaker. Shumaker died at the scene.
Spencer is out of jail after posting a $25,000 surety bond. He's scheduled to be back in court next week.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch