Man charged in fatal crash | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The man who police say caused a deadly crash Saturday afternoon in Muskegon County now faces a 15-year felony.
Steven Paul Spencer, 24, of Ravenna is charged with driving while intoxicated causing death. Police believe he smoked marijuana prior to the crash.
Police say Spencer was trying to pass another vehicle on Heights Ravenna Road around 4:20 p.m. when he lost control of his truck and hit a car driven by 37-year old John Shumaker. Shumaker died at the scene.
Spencer is out of jail after posting a $25,000 surety bond. He's scheduled to be back in court next week.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash