Man charged in fatal crash | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The man who police say caused a deadly crash Saturday afternoon in Muskegon County now faces a 15-year felony.
Steven Paul Spencer, 24, of Ravenna is charged with driving while intoxicated causing death. Police believe he smoked marijuana prior to the crash.
Police say Spencer was trying to pass another vehicle on Heights Ravenna Road around 4:20 p.m. when he lost control of his truck and hit a car driven by 37-year old John Shumaker. Shumaker died at the scene.
Spencer is out of jail after posting a $25,000 surety bond. He's scheduled to be back in court next week.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- My Town: Community tapped to determine future of White Lake
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list