Fmr. school leader faces criminal charges | News
MUSKEGON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- The former director of WayPoint Academy in Muskegon County is facing criminal charges for falsifying student records.
Barbara Stellard was arraigned on ten charges Thursday. Stellard is accused of inflating student count numbers to receive more money from the state School Aid Fund.
WayPoint is a charter school in Muskegon Township. Stellard has pleaded not guilty to the charges. She worked at WayPoint from 2002 until 2008.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch