Fmr. school leader faces criminal charges | News
MUSKEGON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- The former director of WayPoint Academy in Muskegon County is facing criminal charges for falsifying student records.
Barbara Stellard was arraigned on ten charges Thursday. Stellard is accused of inflating student count numbers to receive more money from the state School Aid Fund.
WayPoint is a charter school in Muskegon Township. Stellard has pleaded not guilty to the charges. She worked at WayPoint from 2002 until 2008.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list