Fmr. school leader faces criminal charges | News
MUSKEGON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- The former director of WayPoint Academy in Muskegon County is facing criminal charges for falsifying student records.
Barbara Stellard was arraigned on ten charges Thursday. Stellard is accused of inflating student count numbers to receive more money from the state School Aid Fund.
WayPoint is a charter school in Muskegon Township. Stellard has pleaded not guilty to the charges. She worked at WayPoint from 2002 until 2008.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.