October 2012 Weather Stats for Muskegon | News
Muskegon (WZZM) -
The weather in October was one of the wettest on record but otherwise, it was a pretty typical month.
Temperatures during October averaged 50.6°F, 0.1°F below average, but it was 1.5°F cooler than last year (52.1°F). Ten days were warmer than usual, twenty were cooler and one was considered average. The highest temperature occurred on October 25 with 76°F while the lowest temperature occurred on October 12 and 27 with 31°F.
Precipitation was well above average last month measuring 6.71", 3.11" more than usual, making it the second wettest October on record after 1991 (7.33"), and 2.75" more than last year (3.96"). There were nineteen days with measurable precipitation, which is eight days more than usual (11).
There were eight clear days - one more than average (7), fourteen partly cloudy days - six more than usual (8), and nine cloudy days - seven less than average (16).
Thunderstorms were recorded on October 14, 17, 23 and 25.
Daily temperature records: A record high of 76°F on October 25 broke the previous record of 72°F set in 1956 and 1989.
Daily snowfall records: A trace of snow on October 31 tied the record set in 1996.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch