Nightclub owner puts business in online auction | News
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) - A Muskegon Heights nightclub is on the auction block.
Traxx Nightclub is located at the corner of Hoyt and Merriam streets. The auction includes the nightclub's liquor license, the building, and its contents, including a sound system. Last month, three people were shot at the club during a Halloween party. Neighbors hope a new owner will transform the building into something other than a nightclub.
"I feel like they should tear it down and clean lost of those unnecessary clubs up," says Birdell Frye of Muskegon Heights.
So far, no arrests have been made in the October shooting.
As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, seven bids had been made on the nightclub; the top offer was $30,000.
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM)- The owner of a local nightclub has decided to put his business up for sale, but he's selling it through a one-day online auction.
Traxx Nightclub is a 3,784 square foot facility in Muskegon Heights.
Bobby Taylor, the club's owner says he is having a hard time managing the business since he lives out of state.
Taylor says he has put $600,000 into the business for renovations to the interior.
Taylor is selling Traxx with all of its amenities, such as two full bars with seperate stereo systems, as well as the furniture and glassware.
Traxx is currently on the auction block at OrbitBid.com. The opening bid started at $25,000. Bidding ends at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 13. Bids are currently at $30,000.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spring Lake girl mauled by raccoon getting new ear
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools Athletic Director Dies of Cancer
- Get Fit: Grand Haven Fit Body Boot Camp
- My Town: GVSU string chamber quartet to perform at LDL April 13
- SCORE business series continues at LDL with workshop on starting a nonprofit organization
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch
- My Town: West Michigan Water Trail community input meeting April 2
- My Town Whitehall: Library offers 'Spring Break Boredom Busters' April 7-12