Muskegon man dies in Oceana Co. crash | News
GRANT TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - The Oceana County Sheriff's Department reports that a Muskegon man died in a one-car crash Sunday afternoon.
The crash happened at about 3:30pm on northbound US-31 near the Stony Lake Road overpass in Grant Township.
Ronald William Witt, 63, was driving a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo when he went off the road and hit the concrete bridge pier in the median of US-31. Witt was taken to Hackley Hospital's Lakeshore Campus where he died.
Investigators say that alcohol was not a factor and Mr. Witt was not wearing a seat belt. The cause of the crash is still unknown.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- My Town: Students shine in auto collision and refinishing contest
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition