Muskegon man dies in Oceana Co. crash | News
GRANT TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - The Oceana County Sheriff's Department reports that a Muskegon man died in a one-car crash Sunday afternoon.
The crash happened at about 3:30pm on northbound US-31 near the Stony Lake Road overpass in Grant Township.
Ronald William Witt, 63, was driving a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo when he went off the road and hit the concrete bridge pier in the median of US-31. Witt was taken to Hackley Hospital's Lakeshore Campus where he died.
Investigators say that alcohol was not a factor and Mr. Witt was not wearing a seat belt. The cause of the crash is still unknown.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash