Muskegon man dies in Oceana Co. crash | News
GRANT TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - The Oceana County Sheriff's Department reports that a Muskegon man died in a one-car crash Sunday afternoon.
The crash happened at about 3:30pm on northbound US-31 near the Stony Lake Road overpass in Grant Township.
Ronald William Witt, 63, was driving a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo when he went off the road and hit the concrete bridge pier in the median of US-31. Witt was taken to Hackley Hospital's Lakeshore Campus where he died.
Investigators say that alcohol was not a factor and Mr. Witt was not wearing a seat belt. The cause of the crash is still unknown.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- My Town: Community tapped to determine future of White Lake
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list