Muskegon man dies in Oceana Co. crash | News
GRANT TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - The Oceana County Sheriff's Department reports that a Muskegon man died in a one-car crash Sunday afternoon.
The crash happened at about 3:30pm on northbound US-31 near the Stony Lake Road overpass in Grant Township.
Ronald William Witt, 63, was driving a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo when he went off the road and hit the concrete bridge pier in the median of US-31. Witt was taken to Hackley Hospital's Lakeshore Campus where he died.
Investigators say that alcohol was not a factor and Mr. Witt was not wearing a seat belt. The cause of the crash is still unknown.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Area state parks awarded life-saving beach kits
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25