Muskegon suspect in custody after standoff | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - One man is in custody after a standoff Monday morning with police.
Muskegon Police were called to the 2300 block of W. Sherman Blvd. about 2:30am on a call of a domestic disturbance. A witness told police that a man was in the house waving a gun around and arguing with a woman in the home. Also in the home was a two-year-old child.
Police tried to make contact with the man and those inside, but no one would respond. Police set up a perimeter that closed local roads and warned neighbors to stay inside.
At about 10:00am, police entered the home with a warrant and took the suspect into custody. No one was injured.
We'll have more details when they become available.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.