Old Muskegon fire station could be sold tonight | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The City of Muskegon appears to have a buyer for its old central fire station. The building has been for sale since it closed in 2007.
The city commission could vote tonight to sell the building to a local developer for $1. The agreement is with Parkland Muskegon Incorporated and company owner Jon Rooks. Rooks also owns the Muskegon Shoreline Inn and other area businesses.
The purchase agreement would require Rooks to invest $100,000 in the building and move his corporate offices into the old station after renovations are complete.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- My Town: Community tapped to determine future of White Lake
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list