Old Muskegon fire station could be sold tonight | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The City of Muskegon appears to have a buyer for its old central fire station. The building has been for sale since it closed in 2007.
The city commission could vote tonight to sell the building to a local developer for $1. The agreement is with Parkland Muskegon Incorporated and company owner Jon Rooks. Rooks also owns the Muskegon Shoreline Inn and other area businesses.
The purchase agreement would require Rooks to invest $100,000 in the building and move his corporate offices into the old station after renovations are complete.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28