Old Muskegon fire station could be sold tonight | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The City of Muskegon appears to have a buyer for its old central fire station. The building has been for sale since it closed in 2007.
The city commission could vote tonight to sell the building to a local developer for $1. The agreement is with Parkland Muskegon Incorporated and company owner Jon Rooks. Rooks also owns the Muskegon Shoreline Inn and other area businesses.
The purchase agreement would require Rooks to invest $100,000 in the building and move his corporate offices into the old station after renovations are complete.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved