Muskegon Co. leaders to hear possible jail sites | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) -- Muskegon County leaders Thursday will hear a consultant's suggestions for two possible sites for a new jail.
The current jail, next to the Hall of Justice, is nearly 50 years old, overcrowded, and plagued by maintenance problems. Leaders have been discussing a new jail and juvenile detention for years.
A consultant Thursday will give the Muskegon County Commission his recommendations of two sites for a new jail.
WZZM 13 news will have a crew at Thursday's meeting. We will have developments online and on WZZM 13 News at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch