Muskegon Co. leaders to hear possible jail sites | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) -- Muskegon County leaders Thursday will hear a consultant's suggestions for two possible sites for a new jail.
The current jail, next to the Hall of Justice, is nearly 50 years old, overcrowded, and plagued by maintenance problems. Leaders have been discussing a new jail and juvenile detention for years.
A consultant Thursday will give the Muskegon County Commission his recommendations of two sites for a new jail.
WZZM 13 news will have a crew at Thursday's meeting. We will have developments online and on WZZM 13 News at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Mackinac Island painting series comes to Loutit District Library May 1
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17