Muskegon Co. leaders to hear possible jail sites | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) -- Muskegon County leaders Thursday will hear a consultant's suggestions for two possible sites for a new jail.
The current jail, next to the Hall of Justice, is nearly 50 years old, overcrowded, and plagued by maintenance problems. Leaders have been discussing a new jail and juvenile detention for years.
A consultant Thursday will give the Muskegon County Commission his recommendations of two sites for a new jail.
WZZM 13 news will have a crew at Thursday's meeting. We will have developments online and on WZZM 13 News at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28
- Two hospitalized after Ottawa Co. crash