Muskegon Co. leaders to hear possible jail sites | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) -- Muskegon County leaders Thursday will hear a consultant's suggestions for two possible sites for a new jail.
The current jail, next to the Hall of Justice, is nearly 50 years old, overcrowded, and plagued by maintenance problems. Leaders have been discussing a new jail and juvenile detention for years.
A consultant Thursday will give the Muskegon County Commission his recommendations of two sites for a new jail.
WZZM 13 news will have a crew at Thursday's meeting. We will have developments online and on WZZM 13 News at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved