Muskegon Co. leaders to hear possible jail sites | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) -- Muskegon County leaders Thursday will hear a consultant's suggestions for two possible sites for a new jail.
The current jail, next to the Hall of Justice, is nearly 50 years old, overcrowded, and plagued by maintenance problems. Leaders have been discussing a new jail and juvenile detention for years.
A consultant Thursday will give the Muskegon County Commission his recommendations of two sites for a new jail.
WZZM 13 news will have a crew at Thursday's meeting. We will have developments online and on WZZM 13 News at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list