The Port City Racecars Big Show Outlaw Late Model Series coming to Berlin in 2013 | News
Officials from Berlin Raceway together with Port City Racecars announced today the formation of "The Port City Racecars Big Show" Outlaw Late Model Series at Berlin Raceway for the 2013 racing season. The Port City Racecars Big Show Series will consist of seven 60 Lap Outlaw Late Model events at Berlin Raceway that will payout a $40,000 plus points purse at the end of the season. Many other bonuses and awards are up for grabs as well.
"We are extremely excited to announce this series together with Harley Boeve from Port City Racecars," commented Mike Bursley, Berlin Raceway General Manager. "Harley is committed to helping revive the outlaw late models and so are we, this is our effort for the 2013 racing season and I really think this is a step in the right direction for Berlin Raceway."
The seven race series will kick off April 13th for the 2nd annual Icebreaker 100. All feature events will be 60 laps, with qualifying and heat races. Each feature event will also pay ten dollars per lap to the race leader.
The 2012 Port City Racecars / Great Lakes Helicopter division had four different winners and a repeat champion in Ross Meeuwsen. The competitive division also featured a steady increase in car counts and outsiders coming to tackle the difficult Berlin Raceway track layout. Notable travelers included Harold Fair Jr, Jack Varney, Jr, Tyler Roarhig, Jeff Ganus and Adam Terry.
"It was nice to see some new faces last season. We only hope this will help bring those guys back and perhaps even some new drivers and teams. Of course Berlin Raceway has a reputation as being one of the toughest tracks with some of the stiffest competition there is," stated Bursley. "That is good, we want that but we also want those outsiders to know a couple of those travelers last season had legitimate shots at winning races they certainly made out locals bring their "A" game."
The remainder of the 2013 racing season schedule will be released the first week of December. Season tickets will also go on sale very soon.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved