November & Autumn 2012 Weather Stats for Muskegon, Michigan | News
Muskegon (WZZM) -
The weather during the month of November was slightly warmer than usual and unusually dry. The autumn season (September, October and November) was quite similar.
Temperatures during November averaged 40.9°F, 0.6°F above average, but it was 3.3°F cooler than last year (44.2°F). Thirteen days were warmer than usual while seventeen were cooler. The highest temperature occurred on November 11 with 70°F while the lowest temperature occurred on November 14 and 27 with 26°F. The autumn season averaged 51.4°F, 0.4°F above average but 1.2° cooler than last autumn (52.6°F).
Precipitation was well below average last month measuring 0.57", 2.79" less than usual, making it the third driest November on record and 2.71" less than last year (3.28"). There were eight days with measurable precipitation, which is five days less than usual (13). Autumn precipitation was also below average with 8.31", 2.05" less than usual and 2.07" less than last autumn (10.38").
Snowfall totaled 0.8" for November, 5.2" less than usual but 0.7" more than last year (0.1"). Autumn snowfall was much lower than usual with 0.8", 5.4" below average but 0.7" more than last autumn (0.1").
No thunderstorms were recorded in November.
Daily temperature records: A high of 70° on November 11 tied the record set in 1911.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch