Man dies after soccer injury on lakeshore | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (AP) -- Officials say a 36-year-old man has died after sustaining a head injury during an indoor soccer game in West Michigan.
The Muskegon Chronicle reports Kevin Lee Conkright was playing at Shoreline Soccer Club in Norton Shores on Thursday night when he collided with another player, fell and hit his head.
The club located near Muskegon says Conkright got immediate care from a nurse who was on his team. He was taken to an area hospital and died on Saturday.
Shoreline Soccer Club has indoor fields and offers training and leagues for children and adults.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ottawa Co. Jail officer sentenced on sex charges
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace