Man dies after soccer injury on lakeshore | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (AP) -- Officials say a 36-year-old man has died after sustaining a head injury during an indoor soccer game in West Michigan.
The Muskegon Chronicle reports Kevin Lee Conkright was playing at Shoreline Soccer Club in Norton Shores on Thursday night when he collided with another player, fell and hit his head.
The club located near Muskegon says Conkright got immediate care from a nurse who was on his team. He was taken to an area hospital and died on Saturday.
Shoreline Soccer Club has indoor fields and offers training and leagues for children and adults.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Mackinac Island painting series comes to Loutit District Library May 1
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17