Emergency phones installed after summer drownings | News
MUSKEGON COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM) - The drowning deaths of two teens at Duck Lake this past summer has led to safety changes at the state park.
The drownings happened in separate incidents were the boys tried to swim across the Duck Lake channel with friends.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has paid to install two emergency phones at the beach. The phones are waterproof and dial directly to 9-1-1. Cell phone service at the park is sparse.
The phones are not yet active, but will be by summer.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28