Students suspended over messy senior prank | News
EGELSTON TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - About 30 Oakridge High School seniors are suspended following a prank that included trespassing on school property late Sunday night.
The students were let into their high school by a classmate who hid inside the building following a school event Sunday afternoon. Once inside, the group covered lockers with holiday decorations and wrapping paper. Some group members also damaged school property and created a mess in hallways and locker rooms.
Oakridge School Superintendent Tom Livesey says district janitorial staff were called to the high school early Monday morning to clean up the mess while administrators reviewed images on surveillance cameras.
"While we were investigating this incident, not only did we find [out] who did it, but we had several other students come forward and acknowledge that they were involved," says Livesey. "These are a group of good kids, they are leaders in out senior class, and we are proud of them for acknowledging what they had done."
The students involved were each suspended for two days and will be required to perform community service. They'll also have to pay $500 in damages. The cost will be divided evenly among those involved.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.