Students suspended over messy senior prank | News
EGELSTON TWP., Mich. (WZZM) - About 30 Oakridge High School seniors are suspended following a prank that included trespassing on school property late Sunday night.
The students were let into their high school by a classmate who hid inside the building following a school event Sunday afternoon. Once inside, the group covered lockers with holiday decorations and wrapping paper. Some group members also damaged school property and created a mess in hallways and locker rooms.
Oakridge School Superintendent Tom Livesey says district janitorial staff were called to the high school early Monday morning to clean up the mess while administrators reviewed images on surveillance cameras.
"While we were investigating this incident, not only did we find [out] who did it, but we had several other students come forward and acknowledge that they were involved," says Livesey. "These are a group of good kids, they are leaders in out senior class, and we are proud of them for acknowledging what they had done."
The students involved were each suspended for two days and will be required to perform community service. They'll also have to pay $500 in damages. The cost will be divided evenly among those involved.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved