39th annual Yukon King Run on New Year's Day | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - 400 runners will be out early New Year's Day to compete in one of the nation's oldest and largest winter runs. The Sergeant Preston Yukon King Run starts at 11 a.m. at the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex.
Runners have the option of competing in a six mile race that goes up and down the steep Block House Hill, or a 5K that's flat and fast. The event raises money for the North Muskegon Athletic Boosters Club.
The weather forecast calls for temperatures in the mid 20s, wind, and the possibility of light snow flurries. Race day registration ends at 10:30 a.m. It's the 39th year for the event.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28