39th annual Yukon King Run on New Year's Day | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - 400 runners will be out early New Year's Day to compete in one of the nation's oldest and largest winter runs. The Sergeant Preston Yukon King Run starts at 11 a.m. at the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex.
Runners have the option of competing in a six mile race that goes up and down the steep Block House Hill, or a 5K that's flat and fast. The event raises money for the North Muskegon Athletic Boosters Club.
The weather forecast calls for temperatures in the mid 20s, wind, and the possibility of light snow flurries. Race day registration ends at 10:30 a.m. It's the 39th year for the event.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch