39th annual Yukon King Run on New Year's Day | News
NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - 400 runners will be out early New Year's Day to compete in one of the nation's oldest and largest winter runs. The Sergeant Preston Yukon King Run starts at 11 a.m. at the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex.
Runners have the option of competing in a six mile race that goes up and down the steep Block House Hill, or a 5K that's flat and fast. The event raises money for the North Muskegon Athletic Boosters Club.
The weather forecast calls for temperatures in the mid 20s, wind, and the possibility of light snow flurries. Race day registration ends at 10:30 a.m. It's the 39th year for the event.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved