39th annual Yukon Run in memory of founder | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) -- While many of us talk about New Year's resolutions runners in Muskegon put theirs into action. At Muskegon State Park many laced up for the 4th annual Sgt. Preston Yukon Run.
But for one group the race took on a different meaning. Mary Austin Luther and her family came to remember their brother Hank Austin and his wife who were killed in an accident in August.
They say Hank was the founder of the race and would have been running with his wife. This year, people wore shirts and ran in honor of the couple.
Mary Austin Luther says, "I'm proud. He'd be running today with his wife if he could. It makes me proud that these people think enough of him to dedicate this race to him.
All the money raised during the race goes to North Muskegon High School's Athletic Booster Club.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved
- My Town Whitehall: City honors outgoing administrative assistant