Father arrested in death of two month old boy | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - Norton Shores Police have arrested a 40-year-old man after his two-month old son was found dead.
Police say they were called Friday afternoon to a home in the 5600 block of Davis Street on a call of an infant having been dropped and was no longer breathing. The child was taken to Mercy Health Partners - Hackley Hospital where he died a short time later.
Anthony Casanova was arraigned Monday on one count of open murder in 60th District Court.
Police say that they found several injuries on the infant that appear to be inconsistent with the father's story.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coast Guard rescues man trying to kayak across Lake Michigan
- My Town: St. Patrick-St. Anthony's to host hospice talks Sept. 4
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport