Father arrested in death of two month old boy | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - Norton Shores Police have arrested a 40-year-old man after his two-month old son was found dead.
Police say they were called Friday afternoon to a home in the 5600 block of Davis Street on a call of an infant having been dropped and was no longer breathing. The child was taken to Mercy Health Partners - Hackley Hospital where he died a short time later.
Anthony Casanova was arraigned Monday on one count of open murder in 60th District Court.
Police say that they found several injuries on the infant that appear to be inconsistent with the father's story.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center