Father arrested in death of two month old boy | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - Norton Shores Police have arrested a 40-year-old man after his two-month old son was found dead.
Police say they were called Friday afternoon to a home in the 5600 block of Davis Street on a call of an infant having been dropped and was no longer breathing. The child was taken to Mercy Health Partners - Hackley Hospital where he died a short time later.
Anthony Casanova was arraigned Monday on one count of open murder in 60th District Court.
Police say that they found several injuries on the infant that appear to be inconsistent with the father's story.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list