Father arrested in death of two month old boy | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - Norton Shores Police have arrested a 40-year-old man after his two-month old son was found dead.
Police say they were called Friday afternoon to a home in the 5600 block of Davis Street on a call of an infant having been dropped and was no longer breathing. The child was taken to Mercy Health Partners - Hackley Hospital where he died a short time later.
Anthony Casanova was arraigned Monday on one count of open murder in 60th District Court.
Police say that they found several injuries on the infant that appear to be inconsistent with the father's story.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved