Couple sentenced for food stamp fraud | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- The owners of a Muskegon barbeque restaurant are returning to court today for their sentence for food stamp fraud.
Mr. T's restaurant owners Ed and Yvonne Townsend pleaded guilty last fall. Their restaurant participated in the food stamp program, but the government says they paid cash to food stamp recipients in exchange for a larger swipe of the electronic benefits card.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'