Couple sentenced for food stamp fraud | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- The owners of a Muskegon barbeque restaurant are returning to court today for their sentence for food stamp fraud.
Mr. T's restaurant owners Ed and Yvonne Townsend pleaded guilty last fall. Their restaurant participated in the food stamp program, but the government says they paid cash to food stamp recipients in exchange for a larger swipe of the electronic benefits card.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28