Couple sentenced for food stamp fraud | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- The owners of a Muskegon barbeque restaurant are returning to court today for their sentence for food stamp fraud.
Mr. T's restaurant owners Ed and Yvonne Townsend pleaded guilty last fall. Their restaurant participated in the food stamp program, but the government says they paid cash to food stamp recipients in exchange for a larger swipe of the electronic benefits card.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved
- My Town Whitehall: City honors outgoing administrative assistant