Couple sentenced for food stamp fraud | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- The owners of a Muskegon barbeque restaurant are returning to court today for their sentence for food stamp fraud.
Mr. T's restaurant owners Ed and Yvonne Townsend pleaded guilty last fall. Their restaurant participated in the food stamp program, but the government says they paid cash to food stamp recipients in exchange for a larger swipe of the electronic benefits card.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.