Couple sentenced for food stamp fraud | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) -- The owners of a Muskegon barbeque restaurant are returning to court today for their sentence for food stamp fraud.
Mr. T's restaurant owners Ed and Yvonne Townsend pleaded guilty last fall. Their restaurant participated in the food stamp program, but the government says they paid cash to food stamp recipients in exchange for a larger swipe of the electronic benefits card.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list