Justin Verlander's parents visit lakeshore on book tour | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - The parents of Detroit Tigers pitching ace, Justin Verlander visited West Michigan on their statewide tour promoting their new book.
Richard and Kathy Verlander stopped Wednesday morning at Mona Shores High School, where they signed copies of their book and told students a big factor in success is hard work.
"Everybody has a gift. A gift doesn't mean much without the hard work that goes into achieving your dream," said Richard Verlander. "It was a great crowd and great day. We enjoyed being here."
The Verlander's were also scheduled to speak Wednesday evening at Montague High School.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved