Justin Verlander's parents visit lakeshore on book tour | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - The parents of Detroit Tigers pitching ace, Justin Verlander visited West Michigan on their statewide tour promoting their new book.
Richard and Kathy Verlander stopped Wednesday morning at Mona Shores High School, where they signed copies of their book and told students a big factor in success is hard work.
"Everybody has a gift. A gift doesn't mean much without the hard work that goes into achieving your dream," said Richard Verlander. "It was a great crowd and great day. We enjoyed being here."
The Verlander's were also scheduled to speak Wednesday evening at Montague High School.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch