Justin Verlander's parents visit lakeshore on book tour | News
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - The parents of Detroit Tigers pitching ace, Justin Verlander visited West Michigan on their statewide tour promoting their new book.
Richard and Kathy Verlander stopped Wednesday morning at Mona Shores High School, where they signed copies of their book and told students a big factor in success is hard work.
"Everybody has a gift. A gift doesn't mean much without the hard work that goes into achieving your dream," said Richard Verlander. "It was a great crowd and great day. We enjoyed being here."
The Verlander's were also scheduled to speak Wednesday evening at Montague High School.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- My Town: Community tapped to determine future of White Lake
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list