Owner reunited with lost class ring after decades | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - A Muskegon man's nearly 25 year search for the rightful owner of a class ring has come to an end. He found the ring on a local beach but was never able to find the person it belonged to, until getting help from 13 On Your Side.
Two complete strangers, Barbara Reames and Ralph Guiles, only live miles away but have been separated by decades.
"I've been here the whole time, thank you, thank you so much," Reames says to Guiles.
They've been united by one piece of jewelry, a class ring from 1983, which Guiles says he found along White Lake beach.
"You don't know how many people I had talked to about it in the last 25 years," says Guiles.
"The next day and the next two weeks after that I searched for the ring on that beach and could not find it," says Reames.
Reames came forward to claim the ring, after seeing a 13 On Your Side story about it Wednesday night.
"It's in perfect condition," says Reames. "When you (Guiles) were giving out this information I had a knot in my throat, and I was like that's me that's mine," says Reames.
It's possible their paths even crossed recently, at a local restaurant.
"I was probably in there a couple months ago," Guiles said to Reames. "Oh no I probably waited on you, maybe," Reames responded.
However, both people say they'll never be strangers again.
"I think I met a new friend, Ralph," Reames says to Guiles.
Reames says the ring originally cost her $200. It also just so happens, this year is her 30th class reunion.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list