Angel investment group starts in Muskegon | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The lakeshore is about to get its own "angels."
An "angel investment group" was announced this morning in Muskegon. An angel investor is someone who steps in with funding for entrepreneurs or new businesses when traditional funding has either run out or is not available.
The Muskegon Angels will focus on local growth, investment and assistance, specifically in the areas of advanced manufacturing, food processing, technology, and water-related innovations and businesses. The organization will also mentor the entrepreneurs they support.
The initiative will be housed at Grand Valley State University's Michigan Alternative and Renewable Energy Center with assistance from Kevin McCurren, director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Grand Valley, and the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center.
Muskegon entrepreneurs who are interested in presenting a proposal to the Muskegon Angels should contact Eric Seifert at (616) 331-6906.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'