Angel investment group starts in Muskegon | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - The lakeshore is about to get its own "angels."
An "angel investment group" was announced this morning in Muskegon. An angel investor is someone who steps in with funding for entrepreneurs or new businesses when traditional funding has either run out or is not available.
The Muskegon Angels will focus on local growth, investment and assistance, specifically in the areas of advanced manufacturing, food processing, technology, and water-related innovations and businesses. The organization will also mentor the entrepreneurs they support.
The initiative will be housed at Grand Valley State University's Michigan Alternative and Renewable Energy Center with assistance from Kevin McCurren, director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Grand Valley, and the Michigan Small Business and Technology Development Center.
Muskegon entrepreneurs who are interested in presenting a proposal to the Muskegon Angels should contact Eric Seifert at (616) 331-6906.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Coast Guard officer accused of assault
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch