Freezin' for a reason: Muskegon polar plunge | News
MUSKEGON, Mich.(WZZM)- Approximately 1,500 people lined the banks of Muskegon Lake to watch hundreds of people take the plunge.
WZZM 13's Juliet Dragos emceed Saturday's polar plunge. About 380 people dived into the icy waters; that's 139 more than last year. Organizers say more than $42,000 were raised during this year's event, which will benefit Michigan's 19,000 Special Olympics athletes.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved