Freezin' for a reason: Muskegon polar plunge | News
MUSKEGON, Mich.(WZZM)- Approximately 1,500 people lined the banks of Muskegon Lake to watch hundreds of people take the plunge.
WZZM 13's Juliet Dragos emceed Saturday's polar plunge. About 380 people dived into the icy waters; that's 139 more than last year. Organizers say more than $42,000 were raised during this year's event, which will benefit Michigan's 19,000 Special Olympics athletes.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring