Anglers on the ice despite fierce winds | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)-The windy, cold conditions weren't enough to stop ice fisherman from trying to catch some pike on Muskegon Lake.
After setting their hooks, a group of anglers retreated to their vehicles for warmth Tuesday. Some of them say they were stunned by how quickly the weather changed overnight.
"I got out of work at 10:30 and it was pouring rain. [When I] woke up this morning, it was windy and cold; [it was a] big change," says Joe Theisen, who lives in Twin Lake.
The powerful winds also pushed eight foot swells from Lake Michigan onto an ice shelf that continues to expand along Pere Marquette beach.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State grants to help Byron Twp., Sparta companies expand
- My Town: West Michigan Archery Center grand opening celebration Aug. 16
- One dead in motorcycle crash on 17 Mile Rd.
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'