Anglers on the ice despite fierce winds | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)-The windy, cold conditions weren't enough to stop ice fisherman from trying to catch some pike on Muskegon Lake.
After setting their hooks, a group of anglers retreated to their vehicles for warmth Tuesday. Some of them say they were stunned by how quickly the weather changed overnight.
"I got out of work at 10:30 and it was pouring rain. [When I] woke up this morning, it was windy and cold; [it was a] big change," says Joe Theisen, who lives in Twin Lake.
The powerful winds also pushed eight foot swells from Lake Michigan onto an ice shelf that continues to expand along Pere Marquette beach.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Grand Haven: Fire Barn Gallery exhibit opening April 17
- Methodist church in Grand Haven invites public to Holy Week services
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.
- My Town: Congressman Huizenga to speak at Legislative Lunch