Anglers on the ice despite fierce winds | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)-The windy, cold conditions weren't enough to stop ice fisherman from trying to catch some pike on Muskegon Lake.
After setting their hooks, a group of anglers retreated to their vehicles for warmth Tuesday. Some of them say they were stunned by how quickly the weather changed overnight.
"I got out of work at 10:30 and it was pouring rain. [When I] woke up this morning, it was windy and cold; [it was a] big change," says Joe Theisen, who lives in Twin Lake.
The powerful winds also pushed eight foot swells from Lake Michigan onto an ice shelf that continues to expand along Pere Marquette beach.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Area state parks awarded life-saving beach kits
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25