Anglers on the ice despite fierce winds | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)-The windy, cold conditions weren't enough to stop ice fisherman from trying to catch some pike on Muskegon Lake.
After setting their hooks, a group of anglers retreated to their vehicles for warmth Tuesday. Some of them say they were stunned by how quickly the weather changed overnight.
"I got out of work at 10:30 and it was pouring rain. [When I] woke up this morning, it was windy and cold; [it was a] big change," says Joe Theisen, who lives in Twin Lake.
The powerful winds also pushed eight foot swells from Lake Michigan onto an ice shelf that continues to expand along Pere Marquette beach.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved