Anglers on the ice despite fierce winds | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)-The windy, cold conditions weren't enough to stop ice fisherman from trying to catch some pike on Muskegon Lake.
After setting their hooks, a group of anglers retreated to their vehicles for warmth Tuesday. Some of them say they were stunned by how quickly the weather changed overnight.
"I got out of work at 10:30 and it was pouring rain. [When I] woke up this morning, it was windy and cold; [it was a] big change," says Joe Theisen, who lives in Twin Lake.
The powerful winds also pushed eight foot swells from Lake Michigan onto an ice shelf that continues to expand along Pere Marquette beach.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- Sparta Town & Country Days underway
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list