Muskegon Steel's assets to be liquidated? | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - Employees at Michigan Steel have been experiencing payroll problems for months. Now they wonder if their jobs are about to come to an end.
Workers contacted WZZM 13 News Friday after discovering a liquidation event is being scheduled for Michigan Steel. The listing appears on an Ohio company's website. FL Sales Inc. appraises and auctions equipment around the country. The listing for Michigan Steel includes "details to follow."
Workers says managers have not informed them of any sales. Friday, an employee who asked to remain anonymous said Michigan Steel recently changed banks but it continues to be difficult for employees to cash their paychecks.
WZZM 13's calls to FL Sales Inc. and Michigan Steel management were not returned.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ottawa Co. Jail officer sentenced on sex charges
- My Town Grand Haven: GHHS student wins C-SPAN documentary award
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace