Muskegon Steel's assets to be liquidated? | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - Employees at Michigan Steel have been experiencing payroll problems for months. Now they wonder if their jobs are about to come to an end.
Workers contacted WZZM 13 News Friday after discovering a liquidation event is being scheduled for Michigan Steel. The listing appears on an Ohio company's website. FL Sales Inc. appraises and auctions equipment around the country. The listing for Michigan Steel includes "details to follow."
Workers says managers have not informed them of any sales. Friday, an employee who asked to remain anonymous said Michigan Steel recently changed banks but it continues to be difficult for employees to cash their paychecks.
WZZM 13's calls to FL Sales Inc. and Michigan Steel management were not returned.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Sparta: Downtown Development Authority Office upgrades approved
- My Town Sparta: Village to hire additional DPW employees
- My Town Sparta: Council backs altering village boundaries
- My Town Sparta: Homeowners begin cleaning up after storm
- My Town Sparta: Celebrate Earth Day by helping Howard Christensen Nature Center