Muskegon Steel's assets to be liquidated? | News
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - Employees at Michigan Steel have been experiencing payroll problems for months. Now they wonder if their jobs are about to come to an end.
Workers contacted WZZM 13 News Friday after discovering a liquidation event is being scheduled for Michigan Steel. The listing appears on an Ohio company's website. FL Sales Inc. appraises and auctions equipment around the country. The listing for Michigan Steel includes "details to follow."
Workers says managers have not informed them of any sales. Friday, an employee who asked to remain anonymous said Michigan Steel recently changed banks but it continues to be difficult for employees to cash their paychecks.
WZZM 13's calls to FL Sales Inc. and Michigan Steel management were not returned.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Area state parks awarded life-saving beach kits
- My Town: Library summer reading clubs present kids’ wildlife programs July 22
- 2 Motorcyclists crash on Grand Haven Drawbridge
- My Town Grand Haven: School board candidate deadline nears
- My Town Grand Haven: Barbecue feast added to St. Patrick and St. Anthony Parish Festival Aug.15-16
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Montague: Summer Concert Series returns with Hank Mowery
- My Town: Muskegon Heights Public Schools Academy now hiring
- My Town: Hundreds of classic cars invade Montague July 25