December Outdoor Volunteer Opportunities | People
If you are looking for an opportunity to volunteer along with getting some exercise and fresh air, the Department of Natural Resources would be happy to have your help during the month of December. They are looking for people to participate in their stewardship workday at different locations.
You do not need any experience because they will have people to show you the ropes for using any equipment, if needed. Dates, times and locations are as follows:
Saturday, December 1st: Fort Custer Recreation Area (Kazoo Co.) 10am-1pm
Sunday, December 2nd: Grand Mere State Park (Berrien Co.) 1-4pm
Saturday, December 8th: Muskegon State Park (Muskegon Co.) 10am-1pm
Sunday, December 9th: Ionia State Recreation Area (Ionia Co.) 1-4pm
Volunteers should come dressed appropriately for outdoor work; long pants, sturdy shoes, gloves and drinking water.
For more information, including directions, visit the DNR website at www.michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers and click on Calendar of Volunteer Stewardship Workdays. Interested volunteers should contact Heidi Frei at 269-685-6851 x147 or email@example.com for registration or questions about the workdays.
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Sparta: ChoiceOne Bank celebrates second quarter growth
- My Town Sparta: Movies in The Park kicks off Aug. 1 with 'The Nut Job'
- My Town: Rogue River Expedition deemed a success
- My Town Sparta: Freehand Band takes the stage for free performance July 23
- My Town: Farmers who lost 2012 crop during freeze now eligible for funding
- My Town: Community tapped to determine future of White Lake
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list