New Muskegon Animal Control rules start today | Pets
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- If you live in Muskegon, there are a few changes with the county's animal control policies that you should know about.
Starting October 1st, all Animal Control-related issues, such as stray dog impounds and dog complaints, will be handled by Animal Control officers through the Sheriff's Office. Prior to the change, these types of issues were handled through the Public Health Office.
Also, the Treasurer's Office will now sell dog licenses.
Public Health will continue to handle all animal bite cases to assure minimal risk of rabies exposure to humans.
For licensing information, call the Muskegon County Treasurer's Office at (231) 724-6261
To report a stray dog, call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Department at (231) 724-6007
To report an animal bite, call Public Health- Muskegon County at (231) 742-1288
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town: MAISD board begins search to replace retiring superintendent
- College Scholarship Opportunities for Local Students
- My Town Montague: Birdhouse entries sought for gallery contest
- My Town: Baker College students heading to national competition
- My Town Whitehall: Safety and technology millage narrowly approved