New Muskegon Animal Control rules start today | Pets
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- If you live in Muskegon, there are a few changes with the county's animal control policies that you should know about.
Starting October 1st, all Animal Control-related issues, such as stray dog impounds and dog complaints, will be handled by Animal Control officers through the Sheriff's Office. Prior to the change, these types of issues were handled through the Public Health Office.
Also, the Treasurer's Office will now sell dog licenses.
Public Health will continue to handle all animal bite cases to assure minimal risk of rabies exposure to humans.
For licensing information, call the Muskegon County Treasurer's Office at (231) 724-6261
To report a stray dog, call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Department at (231) 724-6007
To report an animal bite, call Public Health- Muskegon County at (231) 742-1288
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- My Town Whitehall: Making The Case For Mobile Workshop April 23
- Government wants to seize $1 million in proceeds, 11 homes and lots connected to probe
- My Town Montague: Date set for White Lake Guitar Fest 2014
- Montague road closed due to wash out
- Double JJ Resort Looks to Hire 200+ Summer Staff at Upcoming Job Fair.