New Muskegon Animal Control rules start today | Pets
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM)- If you live in Muskegon, there are a few changes with the county's animal control policies that you should know about.
Starting October 1st, all Animal Control-related issues, such as stray dog impounds and dog complaints, will be handled by Animal Control officers through the Sheriff's Office. Prior to the change, these types of issues were handled through the Public Health Office.
Also, the Treasurer's Office will now sell dog licenses.
Public Health will continue to handle all animal bite cases to assure minimal risk of rabies exposure to humans.
For licensing information, call the Muskegon County Treasurer's Office at (231) 724-6261
To report a stray dog, call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Department at (231) 724-6007
To report an animal bite, call Public Health- Muskegon County at (231) 742-1288
Upcoming Events near Muskegon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Date set for White Lake Area Fall Fest
- My Town: New exhibit at White River Gallery to include drawings and infrared photos
- My Town: Montague High School names new basketball coach
- My Town Whitehall: Community supports removing White Lake from toxic hot spots list
- My Town Whitehall: City takes first steps to remove White Lake from toxic hot spots list